Dear Friends of UCCD:
I want to take this moment to express my sincere gratitude for your continued support of UCCD. Over this last year, you have demonstrated your support by giving, by showing up for our virtual programs, and by connecting with UCCD staff with your words of encouragement. In a work environment where we had to pivot away from citizen diplomacy one handshake at a time to one computer meeting at a time, I appreciate your patience and flexibility with myself and the rest of the UCCD team as we learned how to work in our new virtual environment. Now, we are eager to return to in-person programs as there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
With that being said, I want to share a few highlights.
- In June, we anticipate celebrating twelve Young Diplomats of Utah graduating from the Young Diplomats Certification program.
- We awarded twelve Global Leaders scholarships to college students who will travel to global events and represent Utah on several Sustainable Development Goals.
- We hosted our annual Academic WorldQuest, in which eleven teams competed. Congratulations to Integritas Academy, Highland High School, and West High School for advancing to the national competition, where they represented Utah with enthusiasm and tenacity.
- We hosted lectures on Vaccine Diplomacy, A Nation of Immigrants, Kurdistan, and An Exploration of Racism. Find the recordings of all of these lectures on our website or YouTube channel.
- Over the next four weeks, you can find our spring Fireside Chats Podcast recordings on our website.
- We published nine years of historical Vivaldi by Candlelight recordings. Find the recordings of all of these lectures on our YouTube channel.
- We hosted 175 virtual International Visitors from 50 countries on themes including Interfaith Dialogue, Rule of Law, Government Accountability, Digital Education, Labor Relations, and so many more.
- We reflected on the last ten years of work UCCD, with the support of each of you, accomplished in our Decade Review.
Looking forward to the fall, we are cautiously optimistic that we will welcome back a handful of International Visitors through our exchange programs. We anticipate opening up our lecture series to in-person attendance while offering a live-streaming option. We will welcome our next cohort of Young Diplomats of Utah. We look forward to hosting Vivaldi by Candlelight as an in-person event in December.
I am proud of our accomplishments, but I recognized they are only possible because of each of you. Thank you again for your support.